Sunday, October 08, 2006


One of my best friends and one of the all-time great guys to know is Whitney Phoenix. He is not only our accompanist/pianist at church, but a Las Vagas entertainer who appears daily at the Bellagio hotel on the strip. Whitney is married to Marianne, who is my assistant at church, and they are really great. They love our kids, and Marianne and Annette and I sing together occasionally (Marianne was a successful entertainer on the strip as well). I'm hoping Whitney's excellence rubs off on Connor! As a Worship Pastor, you have no idea how blessed I am to have someone with Whitney's skill play for me. And then on top of it all, he loves the Lord and serves with all his heart and energy. Whitney has a website, where you can get his current CD- it's www.whitneyphoenix.com.

I saw a pretty amazing movie on TV the other day. It's called "Muriel's Wedding," and if you ever get a chance, watch it. It's an independent film out of Australia, and instead of explaining it, or why it spoke to me, you'll just have to check it out sometime.

No comments: