Saturday, October 07, 2006


Here's a photo of Connor with Cosmo, the Las Vegas 51's mascot. Connor thought seeing Cosmo was about the coolest thing in the world. It was really cute- I had Connor go up to Cosmo to say hey. Really, what does a three year old have to chat about with a sven foot tall mute alien? Connor had a Cracker Jack prize, a little booklet in his hand, so he gave it to Cosmo. Now Cosmo, who is probably a pimple faced High Schooler from Silverado High or somewhere, takes the prize, autographs it and hands it back to Connor, who hasn't the foggiest idea what's up. I took the prize, and this photo, which now proudly hangs in Connor's room. The whole scene reminded me of one of my earliest memories, of meeting Winnie the Pooh in Disneyland- yeah, me and about 20 other kids at the same time. I kept trying to show Winnie my shirst, which has his likeness embroidered on it. I was sure Winnie was going to be my best friend when he saw it, but he just kept on shaking hands with the other kids. I still resent Winnie a little even to this day. I mean, I had his shirt on.

No comments: