Wednesday, October 04, 2006


I love my cats. The black and white cat is Whiskers, and Punkin is the other one. My favorite is Whiskers. He kisses me every day, and he is invited to sleep up on our bed each night (although lately he's been getting kicked out for unruly behavior at 3AM). Recently we have allowed them to go outside, and this is the first time we've let them do that in four years. Everything has been great- they stick close to the house, and they love the outdoors. But when I was leaving home for work yesterday, I drove down the block, and there's Whiskers, enjoying the day, keeping watch over the neighborhood- in the neighbors gutter, under their trash can. He gave me a little head recognition as I drove by, as if to say, "What's up?" It disturbed me the whole day. My cat laying in the gutter, just like he lays on my bed.

No comments: