Sunday, September 24, 2006

I spent a good deal of the weekend free time transferring digital photos from old technology (floppy disc) to my computer, so I can burn them onto a CD. It is amazing how quickly time passes. When Annette and I were first married, we would invite her nieces from Texas to come to Alabama for a visit, and we had a great time, or at least that's what the photos tell me. Now those girls are all grown up. I had photos of Connor as a little baby, and now he's in preschool. I sorted through photos of our very first "baby," our dog, Abby, who was hit by a car and died the day before 9/11. It was a blessing to see the photos of such great times in our lives, but it made me a little melancholy. Time has a way of slipping by, and before you know it, the days you thought would never end are the good ol' days.

The things I look forward to nowadays mostly involves my children. Chloe is doing so well- we took her to Andi Stalsworth's birthday party the other night, and while Andi opened gifts, Chloe entertained by doing roll after roll. It was cute. Connor is doing great- he's started preschool, and loves his family. Annette has been ill recently, but the baby's doing great- I look forward to having anew baby boy.

I submitted a video clip of COnnor and me to America's Funniest Home Videos, and they sent me back a release. That's not a guarantee that they'll play it, but that's a pretty good sign.

God is good, and has really blessed our family and church. The words to my favorite song, "Made Me Glad," are as follows:

I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust him at all times
He has deleivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock

And I will not be moved, and I'll say of the Lord,
"You are my Shield, my Stength,
My fortress, Deliverer, My Shelter,
Strong Tower, My very present Help in time of need."

Whom have I in heaven but You?
There's none I desire beside You.
For You have made me glad, and I'll say of the Lord,
"You are my Shield, my Stength,
My fortress, Deliverer, My Shelter,
Strong Tower, My very present Help in time of need."

No comments: