Thursday, June 19, 2008


A few days ago Connor and I were playing in the play room (where else would we play?). He was playing the part of Bible Man, the title character in a TV show he loves. I think the show is great, and that he wants to be Bibleman, but Connor always wants me to be a bad guy. I keep telling him that I don't want to be someone who is against God, but he persists, so I sometimes give in.
Well, the other day I gave in, so Connor proceeded to arm himself with the armor of God- the helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit, the breastplate of righteousness- you know. He starts fighting me, with all the sound effects and drama that only a five year-old can. He zapped me to the floor, where I writhed in pain. He stood over me, and yelled, "Baptize Him!" So I shook a little bit, squirmed around, then calmed down. I looked up at him, smiled, and said, "Now I love Jesus." Sensing he was going to lose his playmate, he paused, then pointed at me again, and shouted, UN-baptize him!"

No comments: