Thursday, November 09, 2006


Annette and I had a real treat last night. One of our band members, Steve Burris, and his wife Melanie took us to go see Allison Krauss and Union Station at the Orleans Arena. The Orleans is my favorite venue to go see a concert- both the arena and the showroom have the best sound in town- and it was a blast. My personal favorite moment of the night was when her band member Dan Timinski sang his hit "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" Annette and I wore the soundtrack CD out when we first moved to Mobile, and we really enjoyed hearing him sing it live. I was half looking for Charles Durning to come dancing out on the stage like he did in the movie. She ended by singing "Down to the River to Pray" a capella with the band.

No comments: